Sunday, April 5, 2009

The black widow!



For weeks now I have been trying to get Wesley used to smashing ants for me and its great. Whenever he sees them he hits them with his fist or stomps on them with his feet! I love it because he is entertained and I don't have to worry but those annoying bugs! Well last week I was seating on the couch and I look over in the kitchen and Wesley is sitting on the floor playing with something. I'm sitting there squinting because I wasn't wearing me glasses, I thought it was a rock from outside. After a couple of seconds I notice that the "rock" is moving. I decided to get up to check it out. Well as I get closer I realize that it was a black widow. My son was playing with a black widow, he was grabbing at it and moving it around. I yelled and Steven came to the rescue and smashed it. Oh my gosh it was so creepy, my poor son, what type of mother am I? Well anyways the true question is where did this thing come from and are there more? So now I am trying to teach Wesley that ants are ok to smash but stay away from ouchy spiders!

And no that is not a picture of the actual spider!

7 comments:

Allison Holmes said...

oh my gosh Im glad he didnt get bit! I am always afraid Melia will do something like that bc she likes to smash bugs too! Especially with all these funky spring bugs coming out of hiding ...yuck!

Simonds Family said...

!!! YIKES !!! Maybe he'll grow up to be some kind of bug whisperer or something though...I see a new reality tv series... ;-)

Anonymous said...

Yuck. I hate spiders. I can't even smash them. I make Daryl do it.

The Perkins Family said...

Man! Those Comstock boys are so invincible. I've heard stories about Steven walking off a broken arm like it was a stubbed toe. And apparently Wesley is immune to poisonous spiders. I am impressed!

Hillary said...

Wow, so scary! Glad evrything is ok and he didn't get bit.

Jessica Lynn Perkins said...

Oh my gosh- I would flip out!!! So scary!

Phipps Family said...

Yikes!